On behalf of Fishhawk Youth Baseball, thank you for your desire to volunteer and your commitment to our program. One of our highest priorities a FYB baseball is making sure our children are safe. Our badging requirements are mandated by Hillsborough County and Babe Ruth Baseball and are in place to ensure that all adults with access to our children have received training and a background check. The only exception for the background clearance is Florida Law Enforcement and they must provide a copy of their badge/ID. There is NO exception for military, county employees, teachers, etc.
This page will provide you all you need to complete the badging process.
All FYB Issued badges are good for 1 year and must be renewed annually
All FYB volunteers that have access to our children on the field or in the dugout must obtain a badge. This includes:
- Team Parents that may access the dugout or field
Badges can be obtained through six easy steps:
- Obtain your Coaching Certification: Managers and Coaches must be a current member of the National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS). There is a fee of $25 to join NAYS. To become a member, sign up through the NAYS website and take the coaching certification. Once completed, print your coaching certificate: NAYS.org
- Take Concussion Training: After becoming a NAYS member, complete the concussion training through the NAYS website. Print your certificate with name and date upon completion of the course.
- Managers Only, obtain CPR Training: Obtain CPR training. CPR trainings are offered through American Red Cross, redcross.org/take-a-class or American Health Care Academy, app.cpraedcourse.com/ . Additionally, FYB will attempt to offer a CPR training one time per fall and spring season. You will be notified by your league representative of any CPR class offerings.
- Complete the NAYS: Protecting Against Abuse Training. This can be completed when you obtain your coaching certification.
- Obtain a Background Check: Fill out an Athletic Programs Volunteer Application through Hillsborough County: Hillsborough County Volunteer Application Form
- Finally email the following documents to Badge Coordinator, Rachael Evans at email@example.com.
- NAYS Coaching Certification (from Step 1)
- Completed NAYS Concussion Training Certification (from Step 2)
- Completed CPR Training Certification (Managers and Coaches Only from Step 3)
- Completed Hillsborough County Athletic Program Volunteer Application
- Completed NAYS Youth Protection Training (Step 4) Certificate
- Attach a headshot picture for your badge. JPEG FILES ONLY FOR ALL UPLOADS. MAX SIZE is 1 MEG. Save to your desktop or resize if too big. Head Shot MUST be in PORTRAIT (not landscape), must be clear, neck up. Remove Sunglasses and Hat. Just like a mugshot.
Important! Only complete background packages will be processed. If you have not received your badge please review the above 6 steps and make sure all required documentation has been provided.
Once complete, you will be able to pick up at the FYB concession stand.
For questions, please contact Badge Coordinator, Rachael Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.